Thursday, June 26, 2008

Kevin survived "Gold Beach"


Kevin returned today from his football camp! The Varsity football team from Capital High goes to a camp at Gold Beach, OR. Kevin said it was a great experience and was amazed at how "BIG" some of the players from the other schools were. They ended up at the end of the camp tied with a CA team with 1 loss each. Kevin got some good playing time and came home with a few bumps and bruises but mostly glad he went and glad he was home. Next up for KJ... we head out out on Saturday for a family vacation to Washington DC. We get home the following Saturday and the very next day he leaves for EFY at Snow College. He'll be gone a week and when he returns it will be ALL FOOTBALL until school starts.
He will not be happy that I mention this but he was the only player on the team to end school with a 4.0!! He now has a cummulative grade point average of 4.0 since 8th grade. If he keeps it up, maybe that will help him pay for college!!!
One last note: several LDS players from the team attended the branch on Sunday! What good little Mormon boys!!! We are so proud of you KEVIN!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I am so glad you stopped to comment on my blog - it is so fun to run into old ward members and friends! I didn't realize Laura Hessing married into your family. She was a high school friend of my husband and I. It looks like everything is going really well for you guys. My mom has a blog as well... I can't remember the address off the top of my head, but it's linked to my page. Thanks again for saying hi!

Melissa said...

Kevin's neck is huge! Seriously.

The Tarbet Family said...

I can't believe how big your kids are getting! That means I'm getting old! Congrats on your newest grandkid and congrats to Jeff! That's great! Christina (coburn) Tarbet