Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Happy Anniversary- November 16, 1979




This is a few days late but I figured "better late than never"!


We just celebrated our 29th anniversary, and as I look back on the years, I can't imagine being without my George! We were telling Melissa about our wedding day and how I spent the night before in a hotel with my parents and George stayed at his grandma's house. The day of our wedding we were to be at the temple by 7:30am, I was there, George was NOT! With only one bathroom and 5 or 6 people to get ready, things got a little hairy-scary! I thought that after waiting 2 years for him on a mission, he had better not stand me up! He didn't !! Obviously!


We had a beautiful day, a reception in Ogden that night and then a lovely honeymoon in Sun Valley. We had another reception in Boise the next weekend. We went to a football game that day and we ended up being late for our pictures. My mother was not happy to say the least! But hey, Borah beat Boise!! (I went to Borah, George went to Boise)


5 kids, 3 new in-law kids, and 5 BEE-UUU-TIFUL grandchildren later we are as happy as can be and feel very blessed to have such a wonderful life together.


Thanks, babe for the great times, for hangin in there through the tough times and being my best friend! Strap yourself in sweetie ... we're in this for the long haul. Like I say to my daughters, you too Laura, "this is forever"!!!


I love you, George!

7 comments:

David said...

Congrats to you two crazy kids.

Gibb Family said...

Congrats to you two and your beautiful family!

Gina and Ryan said...

29 years that is crazy. I am happy for you and wish you many more happy years together. Tell your future missionary that we wish him well and he will be in our thoughts and prayers. I sure do miss you. You will come visit us someday right?? I will have plenty of room soon. Love you bunches!
Gina

Gina and Ryan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

Way to go guys! I'm just smiling thinking of how great you two are. It makes me excited for what the next few years will bring for me and David. Lots of love!

The Crazy Heads said...

That was such a cute post, I loved reading about you guys. I hope Ryan & I are in the same boat when we are celebrating our 29th anniversary. Love you guys!!!

Jennifer said...

Congrat's! That is great you guys!