Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Hey Y'All


Today is the day I travel to Houston to spend time with TREVOR!!! Ok, Melissa and David too! I am so excited to have this time with them. I have had a few misgivings about leaving my good husband for this long, as his days are long and stressful and I'd like to think I make them a little easier by at least having dinner on the table before he is off to the Bishop's office. But he assured me that there is no where he'd rather I be! THANKS BABE! (I was more prepared with meals and laundry then ever before...hopefully it will help reduce some of the stress!)
So when I arrived at the Houston airport I was greeted by Trevor shouting: LEE LEE!! at the top of his lungs. Talk about a tear jerker for this gramma. He then ran up to me and threw his arms around my neck. WOW- that felt like a million bucks. And then to top it off he asked me to sit next to him in the van. I am the luckiest gramma in the whole world.
I know it can't be all that thrilling for David to have his MIL here for 10 days, but I am so happy to be here and I will do my best to earn my keep. Melissa and I have a few projects planned and some much needed "mother-daughter" time to spend together.
Melissa looks wonderful, pregnancy is agreeing with her and I love to watch them as a family. They are WONDERFUL!!
To my babies back home: I will miss you while I am gone and send hugs and kisses every day. I will be home soon and we can have a party at Papa's house! Maybe a hike to the Great Valley will be in order, with treasure and treats!

4 comments:

The Crazy Heads said...

YEAH!!!!! Have fun and get lots of pics to share!

Jeff and Laura said...

I love how Trevor greeted you...We hope you have a lot of fun!

Jennifer said...

Have a great time in Texas!

Mark and Kris said...

Wow, what special treament. That is terrific. You are one wonderful Grandma, and someone I want to be like that way; however I doubt I will ever be as good at it as you are. Wow again. have a great time with them. say hi for us.