Sunday, November 7, 2010

Twenty-Five Days








Today marks twenty-five days until Michael gets home. It is so hard to believe that the time has gone by this quickly.
Honestly I have been so negligent in posting these last few months. Summer has come and gone and as I watch the changing of the seasons it is difficult for me to remember all that has happened.

I know I posted Kevin leaving for BYU. By the way, he is doing so well. He had a very good summer term. Learning to balance work, school, church and social life. He would probably say, "What social life"!!! Before we knew he had started Fall term! He continues working at the RB- can't thank David enough for helping him get that job- studying hard and doing well in his classes. And he was called as one of two Elder's Quorom Presidents. This was a huge shock, sort of! His Bishop gave him little hints all summer, so I think he was somewhat expecting it. But it has been an incredible learning experience and I have seen him really carry the mantle of the calling. He is learning some great leadership skills that will serve him well on his mission. He would leave tomorrow if he could. He is so excited to go on his mission. May cannot come soon enough for him. I, on the other hand, like the idea of having a few months with my "little boys" at home. I LOVE having missionaries out in the field and will be ready to send him out, but I plan to enjoy the next six months!!!

The next thing I did not post, is I had knee surgery August 4th. After 2 falls that hurt my shoulder and broke a toe, it was a relief to get it done. I had a significant meniscus tear and some scar tissue removal, but feel great now. I am so thankful to have that behind me. Thanks to the sweet Smith Family. They came over to dust, and vacumm and I just happened to have a few BSU tshirts for them. Aren't they so cute! THANK YOU!!!!

Melissa and the boys visited during the summer. We had so much fun swimming, playing and having the 2nd annual "Papa Sleepout". The kids loved it! We ate popsicles, hung out with Papa at the MK Nature Center, went to the Zoo, and just enjoyed spending time together. I love my babies!!!

So that is just about it. Now I am here with a few short weeks til Michael returns. With holiday preparations, BSU football and getting things ready for Mikey time will FLY by and he will be here before I know it. I can't express enough the joy that comes to a mom, in anticipation of a returning missionary. This big old house has not been the same without him. I can't wait to hear his laugh, his music, and to see that happy face of his.

December 2nd- 10:50 pm. Will it really happen? I am 0-2 with my missionaries coming home on the day they were suppose to. George was delayed and ended up staying overnight in New York. Jeffrey was delayed and had to stay overnight in Atlanta. Both of their flights were to land in the early evening. With Michael's late arrival, is there ANY chance that he will get in on time? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!! I will keep you all posted!

1 comment:

Mark and Kris said...

Great to see all those kids, even if the post was a bit delayed. That's okay, you have been a bit busy! What a great mom and grandma you are! So exciting, the countdown is so close!