Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Indonesia--- Are You Kidding Me?




Kevin was able to get all his mission papers and interviews completed. They went in on Monday the 13th! And on Thursday, December 23rd, he got his call. As you can see the picture, we had Laura on one cell phone and Jeffrey on the other, we didn't want them to miss out on the reading of the letter!
Reporting April 13, 2011, to the Provo MTC, he will be going to the Indonesia Jakarta mission, speaking Indonesian. I was not prepared for that. He was thinking somewhere cold, he prefers cold weather to warm, and what did he get? HOT and HUMID!!! Kevin is so excited, and we are thrilled.
Long story, but George has a business friend who lives in Jakarta, and was able to email him with the news. Come to find out, this guy's wife, (they are not members), met the mission Pres. wife in a local grocery store and struck up a conversation. It is nice to know that Kevin has a contact there is he needs one.
We were able to go to the temple with Kevin. It was very humbling to see 4 of my 5 children, and my 2 sons-in-law, in the temple. Knowing that Jeffrey and Laura would have been there if they could, was comforting. It was a wonderful experience.
I am overwhelmed, excited, proud and anxious. I know Kevin will be a fantastic missionary, and is ready to go. I, on the other hand, am just getting used to having Michael home and not sure I am ready to send another one off so soon. This is my baby! BUT...it will be wonderful to have another son in service to the Lord. I feel so privileged.
I am grateful that he is worthy to go and has the desire to serve. As I have always told Michael and Jeffrey, and now Kevin, a mission blesses the rest of your life! Kevin will be blessed as he serves and is obedient. And our family will also be blessed. This I know.

1 comment:

SarahAnne said...

I am so excited for Kevin! I really appreciate the way you share your testimony on your blog, Caralee. It is so nice to hear and it inspires and strengthens me! Love you all!!!