Saturday, October 31, 2009

Catch-up? Where do I Start?

I suppose this is why you should update at least weekly. My blogging efforts have been "NIL" for many reasons. I am not quite sure where to start and when I downloaded 93 pictures and saw all that I have missed, I am at a loss. SO... there will be no rhyme nor reason, it will not be in order, and... well I will just get on with it!
Kevin is a SENIOR at Capital High School and is the starting middle-linebacker on their now 8-0 football team. Wearing #31!!! We arrived at one of his games to find that he was named CAPTAIN for the game, after a fantastic effort the week before. He wanted to surprise us, so of course, we got into the stadium right at the beginning of the game and had to rush to get our camera out to take some pictures. Kevin has had an outstanding season. As a team and individually. Unfortunately, he injured his wrist a few weeks ago and has to battle with that. But he continues to play solid football. He received his "GHURKA", a black helmet, that is earned by consistent play, leadership on and off the field and winning. This is a long time Capital High tradition and is quite an honor. We are SO proud of him.

He went to Homecoming, but we still don't have pictures of him with his date. This is one I snapped as he was rushing out the door. He looks SO handsome!! He has been busy with Capital Singers, they just had their McCall retreat, and of course continues to give a solid effort in the classroom. He is now facing college application season, and is planning on attending BYU if all goes well. He hopes to go for the summer session, which means he is gone a few weeks after graduation. He is a motivated, hard-working and determined young man and has a plan. I just know he'll make it happen!
I couldn't let this opportunity to pass by...could be great blackmail someday.
His HALLOWEEN costume- YIKES!

1 comment:

SarahAnne said...

I'm glad this is the last post cuz I'm really getting homesick. LOL I just can't believe little Kevin is so grown up and is doing so much. I still think of him around 6 years old. LOL