Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Kevin's Last Weekend

I am so behind in posting things that I figured I might as well just throw a few things out here.
Kevin has been gone 2 months and will leave for Indonesia on Monday, June 13th. Check out his mission blog for his flight itinerary. He is in for quite a ride!!!
The night before we left to take him to the MTC, we had a nice family dinner and tried to get a few family pictures. We were missing David, Melissa's husband, but it was nice to have the rest of us together. BTW- we love you David! And we really did miss you!!! I tried to fix Kevin's favorite meals, and have his favorite treats, I think I was successful. We had pork chops, Chicken of the World, and chocolate chip cookies. I can't remember what else!
It was such a fun weekend! I absolutely adore my family and I am so thankful to have them in my life. I am truly blessed.
And now the real fun begins for Kevin. I am so excited for him and I know he has done his best to learn and prepare himself to go teach the people of Indonesia. The language has not been easy but he has given his all and I know where he falls short the Lord will make up the difference. Isn't that the truth for all of us!!!!
Please, if you have time visit his blog and read his emails. He has had some wonderful experiences while in the MTC. Leave me a comment too, I'd love to know who sees his blog!

No comments: