Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

There is SOOO much that I need to catch up on in my blogging world. But I didn't want to let today go by without saying something about mothers.
I can not say enough about my own mother. She passed away about 6 years ago and I have missed her everyday since. Ruth Gibson Bleazard. She was a perfectionist in everything, but never made me feel like I had to be perfect. She was somewhat demanding, had a bit of fiesty side to her and had her own opinions. She loved a clean, orderly house and although they didn't see eye to eye on everything, I know she loved my dad very much. I learned so much from her. And am so thankful that I was chosen to be HER daughter.


My mother-in-law, was the epitome of the PERFECT mother-in-law. Lucile Curtis Johnson. She never judged me, she let me complain to her about her son, and she taught me so much about how to be a good mother-in-law to my own married children. I love her very much and miss her too.
My daughter, Andrea, is an amazing mother. I marvel at her ability to cope with 4 darling girls, ranging in ages from 1-7, support a busy husband, serve, and still have a great sense of humor. Andrea is dedicated to her family and I admire that so much. She is a good, loyal friend and I consider her one of my best friends.


Melissa, my second daughter, is a patient, soft-spoken mother and DID NOT learn that from me. I absolutely LOVE watching her mother her boys. She is a friend to all she meets and I know that she would willingly do anything for anyone in need. I love that she is creative and loves to try new things. She is kind, loving and caring. I love the word meek, and believe that it describes her perfectly. She lives in TX, which makes our time together very special. She too, is one of my best friends.


Laura Hessing Johnson is my daughter-in-law. Married to Jeffrey. I gave her the same advice that my MIL gave me. Complain to me about Jeff, not to her mother. I will love him anyway because he is my son. Besides I know him best and can help her understand him. She is a fantastic mother to two very energetic little boys that adore her. As they should. After all in their eyes, "she's the best girl in the world". She rolls with the punches, is learning more about sports than what she might want too, and is so great with her boys. I love her like my own daughter and am so blessed to have her in my life.


I also have two sisters. Kathryn and Diane and a sister-in-law Kristie. They are wonderful women and mothers. I have learned so much from them.
And I have two sisters-in-law by marriage. Joanie and Sydnie. They are amazing women too.
I do have to take this opportunity to say something about Sydnie. She is such an important part of our family. My children and now my grandchildren, ADORE her. I have often said they love her more than me, and I mean that in the most positive way possible. She has been so good to us over the years. Although she has no children of her own, I hope she knows that she has had a mother's influence over all of us. There is a quote that goes something like this, "You need not to have borne children to be a mother". That is how I feel about this wonderful, talented, giving, patient, creative woman. I have such respect for her.


So there you go. All these beautiful women have impacted my life. I am so honored to know them and to be taught by them, to call them my family and friends.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

What a sweet tribute! I know you are not old enough to be my mother but I value your advice like you were my mother and you are a great friend that I always enjoy seeing! Happy Mother's Day!!

SarahAnne said...

Love it. :)